Latest game news:
16.03.2006 : New version released!
W a r b l a d e v 1 . 2 Y . 2 to v 1 . 2 Y . 6
Today I released v1.2Y.6 of Warblade. Some random crash bugs fixed, some new features added and some improved. Here is the latest changes :
- Fixed Collision routines. Hopefully 100% fixed now (feedback needed)
- Fixed Collision routines. Done a bit of a work around
- Fixed Crash in gameover bonus count of very long games with big scores
- Updated Collision routines to fix crashes (feedback needed)
- Updated Collision routines to fix crashes (feedback needed)
- Fixed Controls in Memory Station
- Fixed Path of Big Bosses when VSync is off
03.01.2006 : New version released!
W a r b l a d e v 1 . 2 Y
Today I released v1.2Y of Warblade. Some random crash bugs fixed, some new features added and some improved. Here is the latest changes :
- Added Self play mode (please help out by running this as often as you can and
read the selfplay mode section near the top of the manual)
- Fixed Random crashes (initial fixing done, tests ongoing)
- Fixed Positioning of clickable highscore entries
- Fixed Voice volume is no longer adjusted by effects volume now
- Fixed Bosses and mini bosses no longer move too low at higher game speeds
- Changed Crashreportsender now backs up the warblade.dbg file to a folder
- Changed Crashreportsender bypasses email clients (see relevant manual section)
- Updated Crash reporter version number to v1.3
- Updated FMod to v3.75
15.12.2005 : New version released!
W a r b l a d e v 1 . 2 X
Today I released v1.2X of Warblade. Some bugs fixed, some new features added and some improved. Here is the latest changes :
- Fixed Reverted back to older fmod.dll fixing many issues
- Fixed When changing voicepack and game tries to play a missing sample
- Fixed Current gamespeed is now restored properly after a save and reload
- Fixed X2 and X5 work after a save again and show their graphics properly
- Fixed Typo in a shop description
- Fixed Super gemdrops happen at the right times now
- Fixed Bonus rounds counted properly with savegames. Perfects stored too
- Fixed Bonus savegames after level 3000. Correct amount now given
- Fixed Games title corruption in windowed mode
- Fixed Options menu tidied up a little
- Fixed Skulls counted correctly after saves (please check this)
- Fixed Correct voicepack loaded for each profile now
- Added Create a new profile popup on first run
- Added Flare trails to all the games bullets on the I menu option
- Updated Crash reporter routines to give more subroutine info
- Updated Crash reporter to provide entire "warblade.dbg" file info
- Updated Crash reporter version number updated to v1.2
- Fixed Submit tool urls used to upload. Now directs to correct page
- Updated Submit tool version number to v1.5
4.06.2005 : It's here!
THE WARBLADE SCREENSAVER
The ultimate addon for all Warblade playing people (and all that wants a cool screensaver) in the world. Lots of cool 3D particle effects and wonderfull fading and glowing nebulas and swirling and zooming starfields. Many configuration options. Click here for more info!
27.03.2005 : Small Competition! Time to get your digital crayons out !!
We want you to come up with beautiful designs for either a :-
- Warblade box,
- CD cover,
- DVD cover,
- or magazine advert.
If you look round the web you can get blank dvd or cd layouts (front and back with cutlines) and can find many user created covers for many other games. Half Life 2 had many excellent covers made for it due to it being a Steam only release at first. (People wanted backups in nice cases). Box layouts can be found too, and i'm sure you've seen plenty of magazine game ads to inspire you...
Entries MUST be posted in this forum thread, using links to your images. You can host the pics in your own webspace or use an image hosting service like ImageShack. Please link to fullsize images, please don't copy each others work and have fun !! You can place small images directly into this thread, but please keep them small and provide the links to the full size ones as well. ImageShack (i think) can create thumbnail links for you.
The prize isn't ready yet and Eds not 100% certain he can make it which is why this competition is mainly for fun. The program will cost X amount on release to everyone but we will give 1-3 copies away depending on entry volume. If we have less than 10 entries, then we will give just 1 copy away. If there are 10 or more entries we will give 3 copies away. You should only enter once (1 image) so choose which you'd like to have a go at.
The start time is NOW and the deadline is Midnight (UK Time) 27th April. This is to allow for people to learn of the compo and for Edgar to get busy coding.
After the deadline and winners are announced, feel free to post more of your designs. Maybe you did a cd cover AND a box cover ?
Well, get to it.
26.03.2005 : New version is released. Today I released version 1.2E of Warblade. Some bugs fixed, some new features added and some improved. Timetrail levels have been updated with new aliens. Some new graphics is added.
***** THINGS THAT ARE FIXED, UPDATED OR ADDED IN V1.2E *****
- Fixed Getting stuck on level 98 (invisible alien)
- Fixed Animation cycle of Big Bosses - Caused invisible bosses
- Fixed Animation cycle of big alien on level 36
- Fixed Aliens getting stuck on level 65
- Fixed Game speed after a Time Trial game if set to Ace skill mode in menu
- Added More crash capture code to help find problems
- Added Check input options so 1 key cannot be used for 2 functions
- Added News retrieval message screen
- Added New profile import code for 1.2c profiles
- Added Right mouse button now speeds up the news ticker
- Changed HOF checking - now checks email address as well
- Changed News is now loaded during the show of initial splash screen
- Changed News code to add some better functionality
- Changed Meteor Storm distance meter (much nicer)
- Changed Aliens in Time Trial now also fully updated
- Changed Screenshots are now saved to a folder
22.03.2005 : I know this is a bit late for some of you, but please read on...
There is a very small change in profiles. An 8 byte shift in data. This has caused certain data to be offset from its old position. The game reads the profile data in using fixed offsets, and if the data has moved, then some data can be corrupt or lost or just reads in wrong.
Its actually quite amazing that the profiles still work as well as they do.
Issues we've found are...
1. Shields are lost
2. Regaining a shield could make 2 of the same show up
3. Max money counter is reset
4. Serialcodes change (if 2 people have the same code, 1 will wipe anothers score in the online HOF)
item 4 is very unlikely to be a problem however.
The next release should have some new "old profile" reading routines, so that it reads from the correct offsets, and saved out in the new format (with the new offsets.) This will require updating for every release if theres any profile format change. Unfortunately, it was some other code in the game that caused the profile to change by 8 bytes, so we never knew about it till the problems arose.
The damage unfortunately is done unless you have a backup profile from 1.2c. If you do, keep it safe and hopefully it will load and resave correctly in the next version.
If you don't have a backup, then we are very sorry, and you will just have to get the shields you lost again.
Edgar is trying to fix all the issues above, but its not going to be easy, and not all may be possible.
18.03.2005 : Today I released the latest version of Warblade (v1.2D). This is mostly a graphics update. Almost all alien graphics have been redone and rendered in 3D modeling software. Lots of graphics effects have also been added. Some new features. Some bugs fixed and also some new sound effects added and changed.